[cisco-voip] Bogen TAM-B
Adam Lussier
2009-03-24 02:51:42 UTC
Hello All:

I am having a serious problem with our Overhead Paging system.

We are using CME latest version on 2851. I have an FXS port wired to two
Bogen TAM-B's.

Paging design is for two buildings. I have a TAM-B in each building.
Each TAM-B is connected to an amp.

If I run each separate they work in respective building. When I connect
both TAM-B's it works, then it will not work, then it will not work,
then it will work, then it will work in one building, then the other...
I am pulling my hair out. (And I don't have much left.)

Cisco blames Bogen/Bogen Blames Cisco and I have a paging system that
doesn't work.

The TAM-B's are NOT running power supplies.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks inadvance.

Adam Lussier

Network Administrator, MCSA

Humphrey Companies

616.745.7560 cell

616.249.2232 ext 1031
l***@uoguelph.ca
2009-03-24 04:05:39 UTC
I honestly don't think the TAM-B modules are designed to work in a
multi bldg deployment like that. They're both independent units, and
if one picks up before the other, the ringing will stop.

Lelio Fulgenzi, Senior Analyst
Computing & Communications
University of Guelph
519-824-4120 x56354

...sent from my iPod - please pardon my fat fingers ;)

[XKJ2000]
James Buchanan
2009-03-25 04:09:50 UTC
Hello,

What's the distance from the FXS port to the TAM-Bs? How much voltage
does the TAM-B require? The VIC3-2FXS allows for higher ringing voltage
and distances.

Thanks,

James

616.249.2232 ext 1031
Justin Steinberg

Justin Steinberg
2009-03-25 12:44:11 UTC
That was supposed to be....

________Building 1 amp.

FXS -> TAMB --|
|_______Building 2 amp

Robert
2009-03-25 13:51:57 UTC
Post by Adam Lussier
We are using CME latest version on 2851. I have an FXS port wired to
two Bogen TAM-B’s.
If I understand correctly, you have a single FXS port connected to two
TAMBs in separate buildings. In the "station card" mode, which is what
is needed with an FXS port, the TAMB is powered by the FXS port,
hopefully at about 48 volts. When the TAMB answers, that voltage drops
to about 6 volts, though the TAMB is still drawing current. I think the
trouble is that when one TAMB happens to answer, the *other* doesn't
have enough voltage to operate, thus your symptom.

Unfortunately, the TAMB is not designed to use the power supply
connection unless it's running in the "trunk card" mode, where it is
connected to a CO trunk card rather than a station card. It will not act
right if it has power from both sources.

If you have a dry pair to each building, trying pushing just the audio
from one TAMB over these two pairs instead of the FXS port. If you need
the contact closure from the TAMB to mute music or something like that,
you can add the Bogen VAR1 voice activated relay at each amplifier.

Finally, if you have IP connectivity and money is no object, look at the
VoIP gateways, Bogen's MVP series for example. Valcom makes a similar
device that may be a little less expensive. They basically use an IP
connection to emulate a dry audio pair.

Robert
Leetun, Rob
2009-03-25 17:05:39 UTC
Has anyone had trouble with the CDR records loading into CAR? We did an upgrade to 6.1.2 about three months ago and still have not been able to get a full report out of C
Wes Sisk
2009-03-25 17:39:36 UTC
some good starting points:
CSCsm01916 Cannot generate CAR reports - getting db errors returned
in the message
CSCsm34263 Missing date column entries in tbl_system_preferences fail
car scheduler
CSCsq16850 CAR loader fails with null pointer exception when comment
field is null
CSCsv39851 CAR Fails to Update Database URL after Hostname Change

CSCsy07923 car to perform dependency checks and directly inform users of
status
CSCsy37212 Warning to CAR Admin when Report user that is not an owner
is run
CSCsq27074 Meaningful error for CAR user reports when 'Owner User ID'
not configure
CSCsy24114 CAR stops loading due to more than max records in less
than min days

You can view these in Cisco Bug Toolkit at Cisco.com to get additional
details.

/Wes

On Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:05:39 PM, Leetun, Rob
Has anyone had trouble with the CDR records loading into CAR? We did an upgrade to 6.1.2 about three months ago and still have not been able to get a full report out of CAR for a specific phone number.
Thanks.
Rob